RIGGIN FAMILY GRAVEYARD
This small family graveyard is located on the east side of Meadow Bridge Road, about 1/4 mile back in a field, about 1/2 mile north of the old "meadow bridge" (over Passerdyke Creek?), 1.6 miles south of Fruitland. The spot is near where the 3 counties of Wicomico, Somerset, and Worcester come together. The listing was done by Mike Hitch in August, 1997. Thanks, Mike!
(1) In memory of John W. SMITH, son of Fairfax and Mary R. Smith, b. Mar.
7, 1890, d. Feb. 14, 1959; "From Labor to Reward"
(2) In memory of Mary R. SMITH daughter of John H. and Margaret H. Riggin, b. May 6, 1867, d. Mar, 20, 1942, "From Labor to Reward"
(3) In memory of John H. RIGGIN, b. Sep. 24, 1833, d. Feb. 7, 1922, "The pains of death are past. Labor and sorrow cease. And life's long warfare Closed at last, his soul Is found in peace."
(4) In memory of Margaret H. RIGGIN, wife of John H. Riggin, b. May 22, 1823, d. Nov. 24, 1887; 64 years, 6 months, 2 days. "Dear mother, thee are come to rest. Thy toils and cares are gone. And sorrow, pain and suffering now Shall ne'er distress thee more."
(5) In memory of Priscilla F. RIGGIN, wife of Joseph W. Riggin, d. Dec. 10, 1864, age about 42 years. (There is a passage there but very hard to read.)
This Cemetery Project is associated with Handley's Eastern Shore Genealogy Project, and with the Wicomico County, Maryland USGenWeb Project site.
|Return to Wicomico Cemeteries Main Listing||Back to Handley's Eastern Shore MD Genealogy.||Back to the Wicomico Co., MD USGenWeb Project.|
© 1996 - 2015 Shari HandleyThursday, 13-Mar-2008 23:21:43 EDT