Somerset County MDGenWeb
In the months to come, we hope to collect here miscellaneous historical records for Somerset County, Maryland. These records will be displayed here and also placed in the USGenWeb FTP Archives. We welcome and encourage you to submit any records you might come across! Please visit the "How-To" page for information on submitting data.
Here's what we have so far . . .
- Stepney Parish Register and Vestry Proceedings, 1703-1890 - births, marriages, deaths, burials, membership, vestry business, disciplinary records, more.
- 1900 Somerset County Census, partial (INCLUDES ENUMERATION DISTRICTS 69 [PRINCESS ANNE], 70 [PRINCESS ANNE TOWN], 71 [ST. PETERS], 75 [MT. VERNON], 81 [TANGIER], AND 82 [DAMES QUARTER])
- 1850 Somerset County Census, complete
- Somerset County Marriage Licenses 1796 - 1832 - Listed alphabetically by both bride and groom surname, data includes the couple's names and the date the marriage licence was obtained.
- More Somerset County Marriage Licenses 1669 - 1907 - May contain some duplicates from the 1796 - 1832 list. This list was gleaned from records found at the Somerset County Clerk Office.
- 1689 Address of Loyalty - from Somerset County Inhabitants to William and Mary.
- Index to "Catholics in Colonial Delmarva" - by Peterman.
- Somerset County Land Patent - Granting the tract Owens Choice to Owen Mackrue for transporting himself and Isaac Noble into Somerset County.
- Somerset County Deed MA3:891-892 - The sale of the tract Beaver Dams by William Jones to Adam Hitch.
- Somerset County Deed E:6 - The sale of the tract Cox's Advice by Hiron Reddish to John Nelms.
- Somerset County Deed L?:201-203 - The sale of the tracts Partner's Choice, Do Better, Plain Dealing and Addition to Plain Dealing involving John and Mary Moore, John Reddish, Sr., and John Reddish, Jr.
- Princess Anne Battalion, Monie Company, Maryland Militia 1780 - a list of names of the men in this battalion in the War for Independence.
- Batchelor of Bristoll - a list of servants transported by Samuel Gibbons of Bristoll in the ship Batchelor of Bristoll, 1674.
- Somerset County Cattlemarks - as recorded between 1685 and 1724.
- Sydney T. Shores Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the Shores family. Other family names found here are Stokes and Tyler.
- Collins / Rider Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the Joseph Collins family. Other family names found here are Rider, Dashiell and others.
- William S. Disharoon Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the Disharoon family. Among the family names found here are Covington, Tyler, Shore, Sanders and others.
- Littleton Bowen Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the Littleton Bowen family. Among the family names found here are Bowen, Hammond, Hayward, Farrel, Collins, Purnell, and Truitt.
- Hall Family Bible - a list of some births, marriages and deaths in the Hall and Briddelle family of Morumsco, Somerset County.
- McDorman / Milligan Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths in the McDorman (Dorman) and Milligan families.
- James Smith Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the James Smith family of Shelltown, Kingston and Westover in Somerset County.
- Isaac Wilson Family Bible - births, marriages and deaths of members of the Isaac Wilson family of Somerset and Wicomico Counties.
- Levin Pollitt Family Bible - genealogy of Levin Pollitt and Elizabeth Morris Pollitt, and of his son, Jacob H. Pollitt and his children.
- Somerset County Wills
© 1996 - Shari Handley
Sunday, 21-Jun-2015 18:34:08 EDT