IMPORTANT NOTE: Throughout this page, you will see instructional text, in GREEN, to guide you in preparing this page for your use. Be sure to REMOVE this text before uploading the finished page to your county's directory.
[COUNTY NAME] County , Maryland MDGenWeb Project
a part of the USGenWeb Project
Thank you for visiting the [COUNTY NAME] County MDGenWeb site! My name is [YOUR NAME], and I am the county coordinator for this website. I hope you enjoy your visit and that you will find the information posted here useful and informative. �If you have any questions about this page or comments on how I can make this site better, please let me know.
Thank you for stopping by - please come again! This page has been accessed times since it was created on [ENTER CREATION DATE HERE].
[NOTE: You must first create the counter file. See the counter instructions at MDGenWeb State site, AND BE SURE TO CHANGE THE WORD "SAMPLE" IN THE COUNTER FILE NAME ABOVE TO YOUR OWN COUNTER NAME.]
This page was last updated on [ENTER LAST UPDATED DATE HERE].
About The USGenWeb Project
Maryland Genealogical Society
201 West Monument Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Historical Society
201 West Monument Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
[ADD OTHER LOCAL RESOURCES AS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR COUNTY - County Clerk, Libraries, etc.]
[COUNTY NAME] County History
[Here's where you should put some information on the history of your county, whether it be a short, general history, or a list of links to longer articles on the history of particular families, towns, etc.]
[COUNTY NAME] County Bibliography
[This feature is very helpful to the researchers visiting your county. Make a list of publications you've identified as pertaining to genealogical research in your county or area, along with the name of the author, and perhaps some information on resources for the publications.]
The following links will take you to several ongoing USGenWeb Special Projects. There is a wealth of information here for you to use, all of which has been donated to the USGenWeb Project by researchers just like you. Won't you consider donating material for one or more of these Special Projects? Please contact [YOUR NAME] if you'd like to help in this way.
- USGenWeb Census Project, Inc.
- USGenWeb Archives Census Project [The CC Intro to these two census projects is available here.]
- The USGenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project [CC intro to this project available here.]
- The USGenWeb Archives Project [See the MDGenWeb File Archives Page for information on this project, and instructions on how to donate files]
Online Genealogical References
The following listing is a compilation of reference and resources that can be found online. The MDGenWeb recommends these sites to it�s many visitors but is not responsible for the page content or page functioning. If you would like to add your site to this list, please contact YOUR NAME.
National or General Online Resources
- The USGenWeb Project
- LDS FamilySearch
- National Archives Genealogy Page
- Cyndi's List of Genealogical Sites on the Internet
- National Genealogical Society
- Allen County, Indiana Public Library Genealogy Dept.
- DAR Library
- Genealogy Resources on the Internet - Mailing Lists
- Everton's Genealogy Resources on the Internet
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- The Jewish Genealogy Website
- City Gallery - 19th Century Photography and the Family
Maryland Online Resources
- Maryland State Archives
- Archives of Maryland Online
- Maryland Genealogical Society
- Maryland Historical Society
- Inventory of African-American Cultural and Historical Resources for All Maryland Counties
- Maryland Catholics on the Frontier
- Coalition to Protect Maryland Burial Sites
Local Online Resources
- [Use some of the available online search engines to find local online resources for your county. This may include local museums, individual's research sites, etc. Some good search engines to try are AltaVista, Yahoo!, Google, and Dogpile. Productive search terms might include " [YOUR COUNTY NAME], Maryland, genealogy".
- Information on any local GENEALOGY MAIL LISTS or the MDGEN-L list would work here, too.
- Search the USGenWeb File Archives
- Search the Rootsweb Genealogy Mailing List Archives
- RootsWeb's Index of All Search Engines and Databases