1. PLACE OF DEATH
County: Caroline Registration Dist. No. 64
Villiage or City: Near Federalsburg R.F.D.
2. FULL NAME - William
(a) Residence: Federalsburg, Md., R.F.D.
3. SEX - Male
4. COLOR or RACE - White
5. MARITAL STATUS - Unknown
6. DATE of BIRTH - Aug. 3, 1841
7. AGE - 92 years, 5 months, 9 days
8-11. OCCUPATION - Retired Farmer, date last worked: 1903, total time in trade: 50 years
12. BIRTHPLACE - Caroline Co., Md.
13. Name - William McKendle Davis
14 Birthplace - Unknown
15. Maiden Name - Elizabeth Gouty
16. Birthplace - Unknown
17. INFORMANT - Mrs. Sallie Newell, Federalsburg, Md., R.F.D.
18. BURIAL - Place: Bethel, Md. Date: Jan. 14th 1934
19. UNDERTAKER - J.T. Frampton & Son, Federalsburg, Md.
20. FILED - Jan. 13, 1934 J.T. Frampton
21. DATE of DEATH - Jan. 12, 1934
22. I hereby certify
that I attended deceased from 1/5 1934 to 1/12
1934. I last saw him alive on 1/11 1934 death is said
to have occured on the date stated above at 3:15 p.m. The principal cause of death and related causes of importance were
as follows: Chronic Myocarditis
24. Signed (Drs. name
not legible), Federalsburg
Obituary of William Franklin Davis
The funeral of WILLIAM FRANKLIN DAVIS, 92, native of this county and member of a well known Peninsula family,
who died Friday at the home of FRANK NEWELL, near here, where he had lived for many years was held Sunday.
Mr. DAVIS was a veteran
of the Civil War, one of the few remaining G.A.R. members of this
community. His wife,
who died many years ago, was Miss RACHEL HORN.
Two sons survive,
NORWOOD DAVIS and WAYNE DAVIS, both living near Philadelphia. Funeral
held from Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church with the Rev. R.C. Campbell, of Seaford. Burial was in the cemetery
adjacent to the church.
©1998-2008 Adina Watkins Dyer
All rights reserved